ANYWAY, to change the subject almost completely, while I was at a big-chain-bookstore the other day, I did my usual and looked for my favorite authors to turn their books face-out. Hee hee hee! Yes, that kind of thing makes me happy. And yes, my friends who now read think that is extremely weird.
What's your typical trip to a bookstore like? Do you hang out for hours? Do you just buy everything online now? I do both. Buy online and go to the bookstore, and when I go to the bookstore I like to hang out for hours. Here's how my trip went the other night:
- Perused the YA section, from beginning to end.
- Turned favorite authors' books face-out.
- Selected a soft-cover copy of City of Glass to match the first two books I already own. I've read City of Glass but I want to OWN it. (Yes Janelle, you can have your book back now!!)
- Grabbed a white mocha and a huge chocolate chip cookie from the in-store coffee shop. I almost got the cheesecake but that cookie was calling my name. Diana! Diana you need a chocolate chip cookie! And look at me, I'm huuuuuge!!!
- Found a comfy chair and wrote. Or in this case, revised.**
Where was I before my brain so rudely interrupted... oh yeah, revisions!
- Revised and revised and REVISED until my laptop battery died. Normally I could stay until the store closes if given the chance, but I came with a half-full battery.
- Swung by the books one more time. This time checked out adult fantasy and romance.
- Returned to YA and pick up Wayfarer by R.J. Anderson. I'm a sucker for fairy stories.
- The End.
I love revising :) Have I said that a million times already?? I love having the book all semi-roadmapped in front of me. And this was my favorite way to revise, at the bookstore, with my white mocha in-hand and mega chocolate chip cookie in-stomach.