Buying our first home using the VA in lieu of down payment and qualifying for very little... not easy. The word grueling comes to mind. We are lucky though, because we have the most encouraging, most awesome realtor in the world. Even though we don't qualify for much, he treats us like we're on Million Dollar Listing. Such a great dude.
So I'm using the rain as an excuse to use my "down time" to relax in front of the blog... ahhhhh, that's soothing.
Here's what's in store for today: my attempt at award catch-up! And if I missed someone's award I am so incredibly sorry! I don't deserve it, sob!!
I believe this was from my darling Emily at the Chronicles of Emily Cross:
The Creative Writer Award!
Annnnnd... I don't remember the rules. Hee hee *blush* Okay, here are three blogs I think are creative, hopefully that'll do:
Author, Flutist, Teacher, Aubrie Dionne
Mary at Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me
A Squirrel Amongst Lions
Melissa at Chasing the Dream AND Kelly at Rants, Observations, and Other Remarks (and I think one other wonderful blog friend, eeeeek!! I can't remember and I'm so mean and sorry for that!!):
The Over the Top Award!
First, answer these questions with one word:
Your cell phone: Addicted
Your hair: Annoying
Your mother: Sad
Your father: Lost
Your favorite food: Fried
Your dream last night: Interrupted
Your favorite drink: Sweet
Your dream goal: Novelist
What room are you in: Bedroom
Your hobby: Writing
Your fear: Loss
Where do you see yourself in 6 years: Published
Where were you last night: Bachelorette
Something you aren't: Finished
Wish list item: House
Where did you grow up: Miami
Last thing you did: Nebulizer
What are you wearing: Sweater
Your TV: Off
Your pets: Tortured
Your life: Confusing
Your mood: Hopeful
Missing someone: Unfortunately
Something you aren't wearing: Shoes
Your favorite store: Bookstore
Your favorite color: Green
When was the last time you laughed: Today
Last time you cried: Today
Your best friend: Far
One place you go over and over: Imagination
Favorite place to eat: Beach
Now, pass it on to five blogs that are over the top!
*Diana scribbles a note to herself* "Must... pass... over the top award... on to five blogs..." Okay, if you haven't been tagged with this super fun Over the Top Award and want to do the answers, let me know!! I will add you to the award roll call.
Natalie at Sound of the Rain gave me:
The Happy Blogger Award!
Which I'd already received (you can read my happy things here) and I am "happy" to pass it on to anyone who's willing to post ten things that make them happy :)
And last, another one I'd received before (you can read my Ten Honest Things Challenge here), merci beaucoup Sesquipedalian! And again, since I've already passed out this award, I'll go ahead and challenge anyone who would like it to post ten honest things :)
The Honest Scrap Award!
Wow, reading through those pre-house-hunting posts is like going back in time. *Heavy sigh*
Before I go, I leave you with something inspired by an email I sent Wendy. It's an excerpt from my frazzled life... or, how my days seem to go now that we're buying a house, and why I haven't been blogging so much:
- wake up;
- do the usual morning craziness to get the kids to school on time;
- sometimes volunteer at one or the other's school (because that's the apparent point of being a stay-at-home mommy, or so I keep reminding myself);
- if no volunteering, then I go straight to faraway neighborhoods (because we can't afford L.A... or at least, any part of L.A. that we're willing to live in, so it's off into San Bernardino County I look);
- check out "the area" of possible houses;
- sometimes tour houses, sometimes look at nearby schools;
- pick up son from preschool;
- go home for "down time," aka eat lunch-give two-year-old his breathing treatment (takes 20 minutes, so I read while I sit with him)-catch up with housework-grocery shopping-maybe read a few blogs, or critique for my buddies, or tweet, or catch up on emails ;
- pickup eight-year-old from school (read for a few minutes in the parking lot while I wait!);
- get homework and dinner going;
- read to kids and listen to eight-year-old read;
- get kids bathed and ready for bed;
- spend the evening looking through the listings our realtor sends and catching up with the husband;
- spend one hour devoted to my wip;
- read a bit before bed.