Before I get to this week's award (two this week! Thank you Wendy and Mary for the Heartfelt Award, and Melane for the Kreativ Blogger!) here are some other reasons I have to be happy:
Now for awards. This week two wonderful bloggers nominated me for The Heartfelt Award: Wendy at Where Ladybugs Roar, and Mary at Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me. Wendy is funny and forthright and enormously talented, and Mary is also funny and sweet, and from her first paragraph in the Nathan Contest, is a talented writer as well. Thank you Wendy and Mary, you both deserve this award right back :)
- My daughter's troop is having a ceremony tonight. Since I lead this troop, today will be the last day I have to deal with all the ceremony hoopla!!!! Hoopla is the nicest word I can think of to use about all the stuff I'm dealing with, and if you've been a scout leader you understand :)
- Saturday is our big, 3-way birthday party for the kids. This is really something to celebrate because we're blessed with three healthy, semi-well-rounded children (one has a fear of water heaters, but that's a common childhood condition). It's also a reason to celebrate because we spoiled ourselves and are having it at a "party place" that promises to take care of EVERYTHING! Lovely :)
- When I got to 100 pages in my wip I switched from Courier to TNR and it went down by a considerable number of pages. This goal of reaching 100 pages is motivating for me, so I kept writing until I reached 100 in TNR. I know, that's very weird of me but I'm happy :)
Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when you're relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside. Rules:Put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside. Be sure to link your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
My Nominations (Updated!):
1. Natalie at The Sound of the Rain: She is sincere and sweet and up to her eyebrows in college assignments.
2. Angie at Notes from the Writing Chair: The posts on her blog are always thoughtful and heartfelt, and so are her comments on mine.
3. MM at The Sesquipedalian: She may not post often, but when she does it's from the heart, and plus, you will increase your vocabulary score in any standardized test by reading her footnotes.
4. Karen at Karen Amanda Hooper: Every single post I've read on her blog is clearly from the heart.
5. Melane at Chasing the Dream: Her posts are heartfelt and sweet, and she's just finding her way around the blogosphere.
6. Michelle at Writer Ramblings: A busy blogger (also at Papers, Prose and Poetry) who writes heartfelt posts.
7. Anne at Anne R. Allen: She is so encouraging, so helpful, and always honest. A worthy recipient.
8. Charity at Thoughts...by Charity Joy Bell: Every post she writes is raw with whatever emotion she's feeling; usually joyful, sometimes pensive, always heartfelt.
I'm stopping at seven instead of doing the full nine nominations because I have to take my kids to school, and also because I'm sure there are more than two bloggers left who I would want to give this award to. If you'd like it for your blog, post a comment and let me know, and I will add you to the list :)
Also, the Kreativ Blogger Award requires some question-answering, for which I have no time at the moment, but I am honored by the nomination Melane at Chasing the Dream; I will definitely accept as soon as I can :)