Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Bastille Day, and Contest WINNERS!!!

Today marks the 223rd anniversary of the storming of the Bastille- bonne fête de l'Indépendance! Check out this photo-article from the Baltimore Sun: Bastille Day's Traditional Military Parade

Having read varying accounts of this event and other instances leading up to the French Revolution, I have to admit, the day brings me mixed feelings. I wonder if I'm a bit of a royalist at heart-- or at least, I think I have sympathy for the royal family's tragic end. Le sad sigh.

Now for the CONTEST!

As promised, today I am also announcing contest winners for my epic giveaway celebrating the sale of my time travel young adult novel, TWISTS OF FATE, coincidentally set in part during the French Revolution. So, without further ado, the winners!!!

Congratulations to Leona Bushman, grand prize winner! She'll be receiving a Marie Antoinette journal, a DVD of the movie: Marie Antoinette, and her choice of book from the Rhemalda Publishing Bookshop! For those of you who have never been to her amazing blog, here is a linky! Publish or Bust: Leona Bushman's blog

 And we have a bonus winner! Thank you Monica Edwards for shouting out my contest and earning the most bonus points! She will also be receiving her choice of book from the Rhemalda Publishing book shop! Here is her fantastic blog link: Stepping Out On To A New Path; A Creative Journey: Monica Edwards' blog

Hooray to both winners!! I hope you enjoy your prizes. And to all entrants, thank you!! I believe I'm finally caught up with following you all back on Twitter and friending you on Facebook, but if I missed you just let me know! I love following awesome people. :)

<3 Di

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO Yay!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Looks at exclamation points* Nope, doesn't express my emotions quite rightly. How about...BAAAAAAAACCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! :D BACON BACON BACON ;-)

    *toddles off to look at new books to choose from*

    ReplyDelete