Saturday, June 18, 2011

Update! Quick and Dirty Style

It's been a while since I've posted. What have I been up to? Here's the quick and dirty version:


The Stuff I've Been Up To

  • Finishing my novel! Yes, I finally finished revising *cough-rewriting-cough* TWISTS OF FATE. Finishing my novel led me to celebrate by totally vegging out. It's been awesome. Vegging out is one of my very favorite things to do.
    • The usual kid/household day-to-day stuff. And now the kids are home from school... yeah, a lot of you know exactly what that's all about-- craziness! And for something that's not-so-awesome... the entire month of May being swallowed by at least one sick child at all times (and it was the virus to end all viruses, so antibiotics wouldn't get rid of it!).
    • Writerly stuff. In particular, reading for my dear DNAwriter buddy, Erica, and hashing out query letters and synopses with my lovely critique partner, Amalia. Hugs to all my CPs and DNAwriter buddies. I'd be lost without you!
    • Easing myself into of a new novel, woot! And I say "easing" because I don't feel the urge to jump headlong into this story. Amalia and I were emailing about feeling sorta stuck and unwriterly, and it occurred to me... I don't have a deadline. There's no rush. So I've been drawing and thinking and letting ideas take hold. I still consider that forward progress on the new story, even if it hasn't added to my word count.
    I hope all of you have been doing well, and happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

    8 comments:

    1. Good job on everything!!! So happy for you =)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I almost sent out a rescue party. ;) You've been missed my dear. So happy you've finished your MS. And smart to ease into the next one, we always put these deadlines on ourselves but we don't have to. Someday I'm gonna get up to LA and see you peeps. I swear it.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Dana!! I'd love to meet up with you again, it's always so fun! *hugs* Thanks for the congrats, it's a big relief to be finished with this stage of the process, at least. :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm in the thick of revising now and it's not easy, lots to clean and rework and ...you know. I want to meet Janelle and Branli and Tammy. Worse case, I plan a bit dinner here ...with brownies...and beg you all to come!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Did you say BROWNIES?!! You're a doll. Yes, let's plan this! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. <3 <3 <3
      I know this is WAY late to respond to, but you are wonderful. Also you're right! No deadline!! I guess that means I don't have to agonize about what I'm going to write after Pirithous. :) Just when I was starting to worry! Reading this (belatedly) was a great reminder.

      ReplyDelete