Friday, March 18, 2011

Contests and a DNA Writers Blog Post!

First, I want to say thanks to all my followers-- the big 200 snuck up on me! I still remember having zero followers, and being excited when I hit double digits. VERY big hugs, everyone, and I'll be hosting a contest to celebrate... stay tuned for details!


In case you didn't know, I'm the every-other-Saturday girl over at DNA Writers. My post for this week is up: Research: Giving Your Novel Depth and Authenticity.


Speaking of DNA Writers, congrats to Steena Holmes; she was one of the winners of the big DNA Writers Giveaway... she won my prize! A Starbucks gift card for $15! Enjoy, Steena! And congrats to all the winners at DNA Writers!


In other DNA news, Brenda Drake is hosting a contest: Show Me The Voice! judged by agent Natalie Fischer of the Bradford Literary Agency. Check it out for a chance to win a 20 page critique!


Okay, this blog post is nothing but good news, apparently, because I also want to congratulate one of my very first blogger buddies, Carolina Valdez Miller, who was recently offered representation by Vickie Motter at Andrea Hurst Literary!


*hops up on soapbox* Before I go, I just want to urge you to consider giving to the Red Cross, or another disaster relief organization, for the victims in Japan. There are still 430,000 people in shelters!!! And there was a 5.9 magnitude aftershock only three hours ago-- living in California, I can tell you that is NOT a little earthquake (the Northridge earthquake was 6.7!). Anywayyy, initial donations are incredibly important, but sustained relief is crucial for helping victims get out of shelters and onto recovery. It's only been eight days, and the people of Japan have so far to go. If you haven't already, do think about making a donation! See the post below for some ideas. :) *hops down off soapbox*

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Nat and Maria!! *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHen I read that about Carolina I was like YAY! Another awesome peep is moving forward! I love hearing about the success of others. It just warms my insides and gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete