10. You're catching up on blogs you haven't seen in ages-- including your own!
9. Your house is getting suspiciously cleaner and cleaner. (Really, it's been AGES since the blinds have been taken down for a good scrubbing-- it can't wait another minute!).
8. You've made out-of-the-blue appointments to see the optometrist and/or the dentist.
7. Now seems like the right time to organize the 5,877 pictures in your computer's photo file.
6. Now seems like the right time to choose a new layout for your blog/website/twitter/etc.
5. You're on twitter. Possibly creating a list called The Procrastination Time Suck.
4. You make handwritten lists and leave them everywhere. ALL kinds of lists. Things you need to do, phone calls you need to make, grocery lists, Christmas lists, movies you want to watch, books you want to read-- you stop yourself before you make a list of all your lists. You're not ridiculous :P
3. You "work" on your story by making up family trees and intricate timelines of each character's life, and decide that you REALLY need a flow chart of all the events of your story, and actually, NOW is a good time to make sure the outline of the story matches the changes you've made so far in the revision process.
2. Two words: Agent research.
1. You consider and/or start a brand new manuscript. (Oh dear).
Anyone else have signs of procrastination? Merely for illustrative purposes, of course ;)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile